Meet Dr. Cody Koch
Cody Koch, MD, PhD, is a board-certified facial plastic surgeon in Des Moines at Koch Facial Plastic Surgery & Spa. Dr. Koch brings an exceptional professional background and an emphasis on natural-looking results to the practice, where he works closely with his uncle, Dr. Brenton Koch.
For more information, please request a consultation or call our office at (515) 277-5555. Dr. Koch looks forward to meeting you to discuss how you can achieve your cosmetic goals.
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
Education & Training
Dr. Koch is a native of Johnston, Iowa. He completed his undergraduate and pre-medical education at Drake University, graduating summa cum laude. He continued his education at the renowned Mayo Medical School and Mayo Graduate School in Rochester, Minnesota, where he was 1 of only 2 people in his class to earn combined MD and PhD degrees. Dr. Koch remained at the Mayo Clinic to complete his head and neck surgery training in the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery. He then traveled to the University of Washington in Seattle to complete an advanced fellowship through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. Dr. Koch served as a clinical instructor of otolaryngology at both the University of Washington and the Mayo Clinic prior to joining Koch Facial Plastic Surgery & Spa.
Eager to Serve Your Needs
In addition to cosmetic services, Dr. Koch is welcoming new medical patients and accepting all insurance plans, including Medicare, for services such as:
- Reconstruction of defects resulting from the removal of cancer on the face or neck
- Reconstruction after facial trauma, including lacerations and fractures
- Lesion removal on the head and neck, including for pediatric patients
- Rhinoplasty or septoplasty to treat a nasal obstruction
- Surgery to correct sagging brows or excess eyelid skin that obstructs vision
Respected & Appreciated by Patients
RealSelf.com Top Doctor
Dr. Cody Koch was recognized as a Top Doctor by RealSelf.com for high satisfaction ratings by patients, answering a significant number of patient questions, and positive feedback from site visitors on his expert answers.
Cody Koch, M.D. has received the following awards on the respected physician rating website Vitals.com:
- Patients' Choice Award demonstrating that he has made a difference in his patients' lives because of their consistent near-perfect ratings
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition means that his overall scores and scores for bedside manner are high, and that patients report being treated with the highest level of kindness
- Top 10 Doctor Award is given to doctors who consistently earn top ratings from actual patients within an area of specialty or geographical location
- On-Time Doctor + Promptness Award for being consistently on time for his appointments as reported by patients
"Dr. Cody Koch far exceeded my expectations. He came highly recommended and I can see why. He was very caring and did an excellent job on my eye lid and brow lift surgery. His whole staff was very professional and answered all my answered promptly." — Patient on Vitals.com
Read more patient reviews.
Committed to Excellence
Dr. Koch continues to be actively involved in medical research. He has published more than 50 articles and book chapters on facial plastic and reconstructive surgery and related fields. For his contributions, he has been awarded the Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award. Dr. Koch has been invited to present both nationally and internationally and serves as a scientific reviewer for the leading journal in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery, JAMA Facial Plastic Surgery. Previously, he served as the scientific reviewer for such prestigious journals as Nature Biotechnology and the Journal of Immunology.
Personal Hobbies & Volunteer Work
In addition to serving the aesthetic and reconstructive needs of men and women in Des Moines and Iowa City seeking facial plastic surgery, Dr. Koch enjoys spending time with his wife, Julie, and his 2 children, Kaden and Adelyn. Dr. Koch also enjoys travel, especially in conjunction with medical missions, having donated his facial reconstruction skills on trips to Ecuador and Cambodia.
Find Dr. Koch on Google+