Koch Facial Plastic Surgery & Spa
4855 Mills Civic Parkway #100
West Des Moines, IA 50265
Phone: (515) 277-5555
Fax: (515) 277-0060
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
Meet Dr. Brenton Koch
Brenton Koch, MD, FACS, is a board-certified facial plastic and reconstructive surgeon and native of Iowa. He is founder and director of Koch Facial Plastic Surgery & Spa in Des Moines, Iowa, where plastic surgery of the face is his exclusive specialty. His patients appreciate his kind, approachable personality and the natural-looking results he provides.
- American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology — Head and Neck Surgery
Professional Societies & Affiliations
- American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Academy of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery
- American Medical Association
Dr. Koch completed his undergraduate and pre-medical training at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa. He graduated from the University of Iowa College of Medicine, where he received numerous honors including the Hancher-Finkbine Medallion for outstanding academic leadership contributions to the University of Iowa College of Medicine. He also earned the American Medical Association National Leadership Achievement Award, presented to only 20 recipients nationally.
Dr. Koch completed residency at the prestigious University of Iowa Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery, which consistently ranks as one of the top programs in the country. He subsequently completed advanced fellowship training in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery at Indiana University and the Meridian Plastic Surgery Center in Indianapolis through the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
Recognized by Patients & Peers
Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors™
Dr. Koch has received the honorable designation of Top Doctor by Castle Connolly Medical Ltd., making him a member of an elite group that includes only about 5% of doctors in the United States. Castle Connolly considers only doctors who are nominated by their peers and selects the rare few who meet the organization’s rigorous standards in the areas of education, training, hospital appointments, malpractice and disciplinary history, professional achievements, and special expertise.
Dr. Koch has received the following awards on the physician rating website Vitals.com:
- Patients’ Choice Award indicates that the physician has made a difference in his patients’ lives by consistently receiving near-perfect ratings
- Compassionate Doctor Recognition reflects a doctor’s scores overall and in bedside manner and indicates that patients say they are treated with the highest level of kindness
- Top 10 Doctor Award designates physicians within a specialty or location who consistently earn top ratings from actual patients
- On-Time Doctor + Promptness Award highlights doctors who are consistently on time for their appointments based on patient scores
“I can’t say enough about how wonderful my experience with Dr. Koch and his staff was. From the moment I walked in to his office, I felt like I was visiting a friend’s home. I never felt rushed, and my questions were honored with honest, considerate answers. After diligent research, I am so glad I ended up in the care of Koch Facial Plastic Surgery & Spa.” — Patient on Vitals.com
Read more patient reviews of Dr. Brenton Koch at www.drbrentonkochreviews.com.
While Dr. Koch performs a wide range of facial plastic surgery procedures, his specialties include:
Educator & Author
Dr. Koch served as clinical instructor of facial plastic surgery at Indiana University and is currently a clinical instructor of facial plastic surgery with the University of Iowa Department of Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery. He has continued to maintain active involvement in clinical research, with numerous publications, research awards, and national presentations to his credit.
A published author, Dr. Koch has written educational books for people considering plastic surgery, including:
- Rhinoplasty: What Every Patient Needs to Know
- 50 Questions (You MUST Ask) Before You Have Plastic Surgery
Dr. Koch is supported by administrative and operating room staffs that are specifically trained to care for plastic and reconstructive surgery patients. Each year this team of professionals prepares for and performs hundreds of facial surgeries treating conditions relating to appearance, accident, or disease.