As the weather begins heating up, so does your social calendar! Before the graduations, weddings, family events, and beach trips fill up your free time, make sure you set aside some time to get your skin out of hibernation and looking radiant all summer long.
Here’s how to think about summer skin prep, with a big event in mind:
- 2 weeks before your event:
- A few weeks before your event, BOTOX® at our Des Moines practice can help smooth fine lines and creases for a subtle, yet noticeable improvement in your appearance. Dermal fillers can also help to restore volume within the skin to improve the appearance of laxity, lines, and wrinkles. Both BOTOX and dermal fillers can be strategically combined for even more dramatic results.
- 1 week before your event:
- Schedule a dermaplaning treatment about a week before your event for smooth, fresh skin. This treatment uses a sterile surgical blade to lightly slough away the outermost layers of skin, revealing a fresh, vibrant skin surface. Dermaplaning is great for effectively reducing the appearance of rough, dry skin, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, and acne scars. After your treatment, we recommend using moisturizers and sunscreens liberally. You’ll also want to avoid unprotected sun exposure for a few days to protect your skin.
- 1 to 2 days before your event:
- Schedule a facial 1 to 2 days before your event to perfect your summer glow! Deeply cleanse and nourish skin with a HydraFacial MD® . We tailor each individual HydraFacial treatment to suit the unique needs of our patients to help effectively reduce dull skin, enlarged pores, fine lines, and wrinkles.
- Day of the event (and every day, for that matter):
- Make SPF your BFF, and keep the signs of premature aging at bay! Sunscreen shouldn’t be restricted to a certain season; it should be worn every day to shield your skin from developing fine lines and wrinkles, lower your risk of skin cancer, and to maintain overall skin health.
Of course, you don’t have to have an event coming up to treat yourself at our med spa! Our experienced aesthetic specialists will create a customized skin care plan for patients who want to maintain a healthy, summer glow all year long. Contact us online or call (515) 277-5555 for a consultation.