Aging gracefully is the goal for us all. But as we age and mature, so do our beauty and skin care needs. In our 20s and 30s, preventing skin damage is a motivating factor. In our 40s and 50s, we begin to see a decrease in the skin’s volume — and by our 60s, sagging skin and wrinkles are a main concern. Although there is no magic potion that will stop our skin from aging completely, cosmetic surgery treatments at our Des Moines practice can restore what aging has diminished to help you to love your age (and your skin, too).
20s & 30s
Skin Concerns: Acne and acne scarring, signs of aging, dull skin, preventing fine lines, and skin discoloration.
Treatments: To keep skin looking fresh and youthful, preventative measures go a long way. Most of the patients we see in the office in their 20s and 30s schedule appointments to reduce and prevent signs of aging with exfoliating treatments:
- HydraFacial MD®: HydraFacials work to cleanse and deeply exfoliate, reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, enlarged pores, and dull skin.
- SaltFacial™: A three-step procedure that disinfects and draws out impurities in the skin to hydrate and treat acne, uneven skin tone, fine lines, and other skin conditions.
- Dermaplaning: This is our favorite procedure for reducing signs of aging or damage, or simply to refresh the complexion. Dermaplaning helps to effectively reduce the appearance of rough/dry skin, acne scars, fine lines, and certain types of hyperpigmentation.
- BOTOX® Cosmetic: It’s not too early to consider BOTOX. Receiving BOTOX treatments early on can actually help delay the formation of fine lines and wrinkles.
40s & 50s
Skin Concerns: Fine lines and wrinkles, sun damage, loss of volume, and signs of skin laxity.
Treatments: As your skin begins to retain less moisture and sun spots from those sunny beach days begin to pop up, procedures that penetrate deeper layers of the skin are crucial. These nonsurgical facial rejuvenation treatments can help to revive your youthful glow.
- Profound® Microneedling: Profound is an innovative device that uses controlled heating to create smoother, tighter skin by stimulating the production of collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid.
- BOTOX Cosmetic: BOTOX treatments are commonly used to soften the vertical creases between the eyebrows, smooth deep forehead wrinkles, and diminish crow’s feet around the corners of the eyes.
- Dermal Fillers: Fillers add volume to the skin to improve the appearance of laxity, lines, and wrinkles. Dermal fillers are excellent options for adding volume and improving the contours of the cheeks, chin, and jaw, as well as filling in thin or wrinkled lips.
- BBL™: This treatment uses light energy to treat age and sun spots, freckles, small facial veins, and other types of skin discoloration.
60 and Beyond
Skin concerns: Wrinkles, age spots, sagging skin, and loss of volume
Treatments: Don’t retire from the skincare game just yet! You can continue treatments you were receiving in your 40s and 50s, but if the degree of sagging can no longer be rejuvenated by nonsurgical procedures, you may want to investigate facial plastic surgery, such as a facelift or blepharoplasty.
- Facelift (possibly with neck lift): A facelift is one of our most commonly performed procedures to rejuvenate the lower half of the face and neck. Our practice specializes in creating a more youthful and rested appearance by removing loose or sagging skin and lifting and tightening the lax muscles and fatty tissues of the lower face and neck.
- Blepharoplasty: Also known as eyelid surgery, our practice works to correct the sags and bags of the eyelids that develop with age, resulting in a refreshed, yet natural-looking appearance.
It is important to invest in your skin to feel confident and beautiful, no matter your age. Enter our I Love My Age giveaway by May 16, 2018, for a chance to win one area of BOTOX® Cosmetic and one HydraFacial MD® treatment!